Here at BoyleSports we care about your privacy and we respect your privacy rights.
The following discloses information gathering and dissemination practices for the website.
2. The information we collect about you
1.1 BoyleSports is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office in the United Kingdom; registration number: ZA089341. BoyleSports is also registered with the Gibraltar Data Protection Commissioner; registration number: DP012036.
Our websites boylesports.com and m.boylesports.com (including all associated BoyleSports websites, mobile and tablet or any other BoyleSports apps with these domain names) and the services provided on the Website are operated by BoyleSports (Gibraltar) Limited, company registration number 112469, having its registered office at, Suite 2B, 143 Main Street, GX11 1AA Gibraltar.
The Website Terms describe the BoyleSports Services provided to the public via the Website.
1.3 This policy (together with our Terms and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we will process it.
3. How we use your personal data
2.1 We collect and process/store the following data about you:
- 2.1.1 your title, gender, first and last name, date of birth, nationality, email address, home or other physical address, phone number, account currency, affiliate reference (if applicable), username, encrypted password, payment details, bank account details and card details;
- 2.1.2 information that you provide as part of Know Your Customer, Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence checks, including copies of identification documentation;
- 2.1.3 if you contact us by phone, email, chat, social media or in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- 2.1.4 telephone calls to and from any of our telephone numbers may be recorded for training, account maintenance, verification and/or security purposes;
- 2.1.5 personal information that you submit in response to a survey(s) or poll. This may be shared with third parties which we use such as Adobe Campaign or Survicate;
- 2.1.6 details of transactions you carry out through the Website and your account number with us;
- 2.1.8 visual images such as photographs or CCTV recordings and records of shops you have visited;
- 2.1.9 we may also hold a physical description or profile of you where your personal details are unknown to us to help us meet our regulatory obligations and business initiatives;
- 2.1.10 we may also store more sensitive personal data about you (often referred to as “special categories of personal data”) which may come directly from you, from other sources as described above or from decisions we have made about you:
|Type of Data
||Information about a gambling addiction or specific vulnerability or disability
||Derived from your image (e.g. photography or CCTV image)
|Offences or suspected Offences
||Where we know or suspect a fraud or theft or other offence
- 2.2 You acknowledge and agree that the information which you provide to any company in the BoyleSports Group for the purposes of registering for use of a website or service offered by any other company in the BoyleSports Group is deemed to have been provided to us once you begin to use the Website for the purposes of accessing the Services.
4. Disclosure of Your Information to other People
3.1 We will use your data for following purposes:
- 3.1.1 setting up, operating and managing your account;
- 3.1.2 providing the services requested by you and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 3.1.3 reviewing and determining your eligibility to use the website or open an account with us;
- 3.1.4 to enable us to carry out statistical and other analysis;
- 3.1.5 verifying the accuracy of your information or the processing of bets or transactions, including disclosure of such information to third parties (including financial institutions, software providers, fraud detection, identity verification, age verification, affordability, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions & Enforcement check providers, and credit reporting agencies) in connection with such purposes (a record of the search will be retained and the third party may use the information to assist other companies for verification purposes);
- 3.1.6 verifying the payment details that you have provided to us, including the address of your card;
- 3.1.7 confirming the details that you have provided to us in relation to your account;
- 3.1.8 verifying your eligibility to win or place a bet on the website;
- 3.1.9 contacting you using your contact details to tell you about changes to the website or services, technical or security issues, updates and changes to this policy or our terms;
- 3.1.10 complying with our regulatory obligations, audit requirements, information security standards, legal obligations and sports, events or gaming governing body inquiries and investigations;
- 3.1.11 providing customer support services;
- 3.1.12 ensuring that content from the Website and the services are presented in an effective manner for you and for your computer;
- 3.1.13 providing you with information regarding our products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, not limited to marketing communications within 3 months of account closure. Should you choose not to receive correspondence of this type you can change your preferences by accessing the "My Account" tab of the Website (http://www.BoyleSports.com) and updating your "My Preferences" settings;
- 3.1.14 allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service or website, when you choose to do so;
- 3.1.15 reporting of crime or suspected crime, including money laundering, cheating or fraud; or,.
- 3.1.16 to carry out risk management;
- 3.1.17 where you set deposit limits, we will use automated means to track your deposit amounts to ensure that we comply with your request;
- 3.1.18 to monitor your gambling patterns and to identify possible responsible gambling concerns;
- 3.1.19 we carry out profiling and analysis based upon your location data, betting and gameplay activity, interests and behaviours;
- 3.1.20 using information and documentation provided to fulfil our Compliance obligations (as per 3.1.10 above), including but not limited to Updating Account details, Source of Funds, Safer Gambling, Vulnerability and Affordability checks;
3.2 Profiling: In accordance with our legitimate interests detailed below or to comply with our legal obligations, we carry out profiling and analysis based upon your location data, betting and gameplay activity, interests and behaviours for the following purposes:
- 3.2.1 Customer segmentation to offer you tailored products and services, and more relevant marketing. For example, if the majority of your bets are placed on horse racing, we will aim to primarily send you marketing material related to horse racing;
- 3.2.2 Risk and trading analysis; and;
- 3.2.3 Licensing and legal obligations i.e. Responsible Gambling, Anti Money Laundering, Age Verification, prevention of fraud and to ensure the integrity of sporting events;
- 3.2.4 to enable us to carry out statistical and other analysis;
- 3.3.1 who operate as payment processers for purposes relating to the Website and Services,
- 3.3.2 to other third parties for the purposes of verifying information that you provided to us (e.g. provision of information to banks for verifying credit card payments).
- 3.3.3 for direct marketing purposes where a third party facilitates the process of mailing or contacting customers, who have opted in for marketing on behalf of BoyleSports with promotional offers.
- 3.3.4 who perform surveys on our behalf and may obtain personal information submitted during the survey or IP details collected.
- 3.4 You agree that we can provide the personal data relating to you to any of the other BoyleSports Group companies on your behalf should you decide to use the services of any other BoyleSports Group companies website or services including, but not limited to, for the purposes of managing the Account that you have with us and its use with regards to a BoyleSports Group company's website or services.
- 3.5 We reserve the right to conduct fraud & credit checks with third party fraud, credit and financial institutions in order to confirm any information that you have provided to us or to determine your ability to perform this Agreement.
- 3.6 We may also use your email address or your postal address to send you updates or news regarding the Website or Services, but you may choose not to receive emails of this type by accessing the "My Account" tab of the Website (http://www.BoyleSports.com) and updating your "My Preferences" settings.
5. Security and Control of your Personal Data
- 4.1 We will not disclose to any third party personal information that you provide to us unless (i) we have your permission, (ii) it is required or permitted by law or contract, or (iii) your agreement with us permits such disclosure.
4.2 If you provide personal information to us, you understand and consent that we may disclose your personal information for the following purposes to the following third parties:
- 4.2.1 if you have indicated at registration, or at any time during your time as a user of the website, that you are happy to receive information or promotions from selected third parties about goods and services which may be of interest to you, you consent to us sending your information to such third parties so that they may provide you with such offers or information. On occasion third parties such as BCC Marketing Services Ltd, Telsolutions Ltd, Gifts.ie, Púca Intelligent Mobile Solutions, Custodian Consultancy and Central Advertising may receive your data for the purposes of gift, prize, direct mail or direct marketing fulfilment. You may opt out of receiving such offers or change your preferences at any time by emailing support;
- 4.2.2 to any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- 4.2.3 to any prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets related to the website or all or part of BoyleSports (Gibraltar) Limited in respect of the sale or insolvency and the ultimate seller or buyer;
- 4.2.4 to a third party if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with that third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, regulatory obligation, dispute resolution, or any sports, events or gaming governing body inquiries or investigations, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, reputation, security or safety of BoyleSports (Gibraltar) Limited, our Website, our Service, our customers or others; this includes (but is not limited to) exchanging information with or providing information to third parties for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction, and if, in our sole determination, you are found to have cheated or attempted to defraud us, the group, or any other user of the services in any way including but not limited to game manipulation, cheating, fraudulent activity or prohibited transaction;
- 4.2.5 to any law enforcement, sports, events or gaming governing body or revenue authorities when requested to do so to the extent necessary to adequately deal with the requests made or in order to facilitate their investigation of payment fraud, tax payment or any unlawful or suspected unlawful activity;
- 4.2.6 to any operator, payment processor, verification service provider, marketing partners that/who provide services to us in relation to the website or service, including any person specifically named in our terms or in other agreements that form part of our agreement with you;
- 4.2.7 to your bank or card scheme operator in order to verify the card information or bank information that you provide to us and/or to recover payments made to you in error, in accordance with the Terms;
- 4.2.8 to any payment collection agency that we may decide to use in order to recover monies owing by you to us;
- 4.2.9 to Racing UK, TBS and Trinity Mirror PLC or any of their group companies for the purposes of facilitating those companies exercise their rights granted to them under the terms or the exercise of our rights;
- 4.2.10 to AttheRaces Limited, British Horseracing Board Limited or such other licensor of Race Data from time to time, for the purposes of facilitating those companies exercise their rights granted to them under the terms or the exercise of our rights;
- 4.2.11 to Independent Betting Adjudication Service for the purposes of investigating a query made under the terms;
- 4.2.12 to our licensors, the Gibraltar Gambling Supervision Commission and the Gambling Commission of Great Britain, which requires unrestricted access to all player details and records in order to regulate the online gambling industry and to ensure that it is conducted honestly and fairly and remains free from criminal influence, or any other licensing or regulatory authority which we may deal with in relation to the website.
- 4.2.13 for customer verification, card verification, credit verification, age verification, Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs), Sanctions & Enforcement checks and fraud detection we use third parties such as Experian, Accuity, Acuant, LexisNexis, Aristotle, GBG and HooYu. For affordability checks we use Infinian and GBG.
- 4.2.14 for customer services activities, we use third parties such as Zendesk and Livechat for email and chat communication with our customers.
- 4.2.15 for payment processing we use third parties such as WorldPay, Realex (Global Payments), Moneybookers/Skrill, Neteller, PaySafeCard, PayPal and Boku.
- 4.2.16 for Gaming, Poker and Bingo we use a range of third party providers, who can be clearly seen on our site as you load the individual games. These providers may receive your data for account management and fraud detection purposes.
- 4.2.18 to GamStop, we will share your account information as part of our Responsible Gambling regulatory requirements for UK customers. GamStop will not use this information other than to confirm that they have this customer already as a customer, which informs us that this customer has centrally self-excluded across all Bookmakers within the UK. For further information please see the GAMSTOP privacy notice.
- 4.2.19 to Lucky Orange, we will share IP addresses if a customer is not logged in to their account. If a customer is logged in, we will share contact details (i.e. account number, title, name, address, date of birth and telephone number) as well as account history, card details, preferences, inbox messages and account history if displayed by the customer. We use Lucky Orange for the purposes of analysing visitor behaviour on our website in an effort to ultimately improve the online experience and for resolving customer queries.
- 4.2.20 to Xtreme Push we share device data, browser data, on site/ in app behaviour, customer ID, full name, email address and account number. We use Xtreme Push for the purposes of analysing visitor behaviour on our website in an effort to ultimately improve the online experience.
- 4.2.21 to Qubit we will share IP addresses and User Agent if a customer is not logged in to their account. If a customer is logged in, we will share contact details (i.e. account number, title, name, address, date of birth and telephone number) as well as account history, preferences and inbox messages. We use this data for the purposes of analysing visitor behaviour on our website in an effort to improve the online experience. In addition we may use the information collected by Qubit to help customise the marketing journeys for the customer or to implement regulatory requirements.
- 4.2.22 to Synalogik we may share contact details (i.e. name, address, date of birth and email address) for the purpose of carrying out due diligence. Synalogik may use these details to provide BoyleSports with customer due diligence information.
- 4.2.23 to GBG Loqate we may share Republic of Ireland customer addresses for the purpose of verifying addresses and appending them with Eircodes. These appendments will be used to add to security features such as 3DS and CVV2 to improve cardholder authentication.
- 4.3 With exception to 4.2 (see above) we do not disclose personal information about you to third parties (including advertisers or marketing companies), but we may provide them with aggregate anonymised information about website users. For example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement or have played a particular game or bet on a particular event on the website on any given day, or we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of website or the activities that visitors to website engage in while on website. We may also use such aggregate anonymised information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
- 5.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and ensure that the password is complex i.e. have a minimum of 7 characters and contains both numeric and alphabetic characters. For further details on creating a strong password see msisac.cisecurity.org/resources/toolkit/oct14/documents/EasyTricksforCreatingaStrongPassword_000.pdf
- 5.3 We have no obligation to monitor or moderate any user's activity or use of the Website, however we retain the right at all times to monitor, retain and disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or regulatory authority request, to ensure that the services are properly used, that this agreement is being complied with or to investigate a suspected breach of this agreement.
- 5.4 We recognise that online security is an area of vital importance to you. It is imperative that you should be fully satisfied that your personal details are secure before you commence activities with us. In an effort to increase the security associated with the transmission of information via the internet communication (which is an insecure method of communication by its very nature) we use the TLS (Transport Layer Security) mechanism that is built into your browser to manage the communication between you and the website. This means that any text you provide is 'translated' into extremely detailed encrypted code. Your data is only retranslated into text once it is stored on our web server. Information such as personal details, credit or debit card numbers, passwords and all account details are automatically coded. In addition, we have installed the latest firewall and IDS/IPS technology. This process is intended to act as a secure barrier to detect any unauthorised access to our server immediately. Furthermore, our website utilises anti-fraud checks throughout all transaction and payment processes. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 5.5 Although we cannot completely guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website, we will do our best to protect your personal data. You must understand, however, that while we will take the steps set out in paragraph 5.4, any transmission of data by you over the internet is carried out at entirely your own risk. You acknowledge that we are not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
7. IP Addresses and Cookies
- 6.1 The Website and Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates as well as third party websites to which we have no affiliation. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- 7.1 We may collect information about your computer, including (where available) your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration, statistical and fraud detection purposes. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and only identifies devices.
7.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer hard drive. On revisiting the Website our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. They help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- 7.2.1 to estimate our user size and usage pattern;
- 7.2.2 to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests; and
- 7.2.3 to speed up your searches.
7.3.1 What are Cookies?
A cookie is a tiny data file, which is stored on your computer within the web browser, when certain web pages are visited. A cookie does not contain or collect information in isolation, but when read by a server via a web browser; it can give information to facilitate a more user friendly service such as detecting errors. A cookie will not harm your computer and no personally identifiable information is stored from the use of this site.
The decision to enable or disable cookies is purely a personal decision made by each individual. This policy does not recommend either approach, it simply outlines the cookies we use and how you can turn them on or turn them off. This information is outlined as part of our efforts to comply with Data Protection legislation and to ensure that we are open, honest and clear about user privacy.
You may notice the presence of different types of cookies generated on your visit to this website. Cookies placed by BoyleSports, are called "first party" Cookies. Cookies may also be placed on your device by a party other than BoyleSports. Such cookies are known as "third party” cookies. Examples of the uses of third party cookies include collecting information about system performance and customer interaction.
While there are many different uses for first and third party cookies, the cookies used by us all fall into one of the following four main categories of cookies:
- ● Strictly Necessary Cookies
- ● Performance Cookies
- ● Functionality Cookies
- ● Targeting Cookies
Below is a description of the four types of cookies:
7.3.3 Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site or provide payment services. We do not require your consent to place these cookies. Nevertheless, you may be able to block these cookies yourself on your device / browser, but restricting these cookies is likely to mean that our site will not work as you would expect, and certain functionality may be inoperable. Without these cookies you would be unable to place bets, play games or access your account so if you opt out of receiving these cookies, parts of our site will not work correctly and may not work at all.
A few examples of the ways in which we use strictly necessary cookies:
- ● Allowing you to navigate smoothly through our websites;
- ● Showing content in the best format for your device or browser and positioning it for your screen;
- ● Keeping you logged in during your visit so that you don’t have to log in on every one of our websites each time you visit;
- ● Enabling you to stream content without having to repeatedly adjust volume and viewing settings;
- ● Enabling us to fulfil legal obligations in relation to fraud, money laundering, abusive transactions, other illegal activities or breach of our terms and conditions.
7.3.4 Performance Cookies
7.3.5 Functionality Cookies
These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your account balance display). Without these cookies you will still be able to use the site but may experience difficulty using certain features, and will need to keep logging in as you navigate around our sites.
7.3.6 Targeting Cookies
These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information will be used by us and third parties to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. Without these cookies you will be able to use and enjoy all the features of our websites but the adverts you see will not be tailored to your interests.
Targeting cookies are also used to:
- ● Collect information about browser habits to target website content and to target advertising;
- ● Link to social media networks who may use this information about your visit to target advertising to you;
- ● To provide advertisers with information on your visit so that they can present you with adverts that you may be interested in;
- ● Deliver content and marketing communications tailored to your interests based on information from your visit;
- ● To perform geotargeting, which allows our adverts to be displayed on third party webpages, based upon your location;
- ● To perform site retargeting. A retargeting pixel (a tiny unit of code) on our webpage leaves a cookie in the user’s browser, which causes our adverts to be displayed or to not be displayed to you when you visit certain websites within the retargeting network (e.g. Google Display Network); and
- ● To perform search retargeting, which allows our adverts to be displayed on third party webpages, based upon your previous web search activities.
Some targeting cookies are linked to social media, these cookies allow you to "Like" or share our content, we have included sharing buttons on our site for certain social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are set by the third party social media sites to which they relate, including:
- ● Facebook
- ● Twitter
- ● YouTube
7.4 MANAGING COOKIES
You can find more information about cookies at:
7.4.1 To Enable and Disable Cookies
If you do not know the type and version of the web browser you use to access the internet, click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window, then click ‘About’. The relevant information you require will then be shown.
You can update your browser settings to enable and disable some or all cookies. This can be carried out by following the instructions provided by your chosen web browser provider. Please see the links below which provide instructions on how to manage cookies. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of our sites and the services we are able to offer.
7.4.2 Managing Cookie Preferences
You can access the Preference Centre where you can change your cookie preferences. Please note, if you change and remove your consent for a specific class of cookie, a cookie may remain on your device. However, it will be disabled and will not be collected by us.
9. Retaining your personal data
8.1 At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
All the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
- 8.1.1 Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- 8.1.2 Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- 8.1.3 Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records. This right is subject to mandatory retention periods under EU/local laws and it is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
- 8.1.4 Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply you have a right to restrict the processing.
- 8.1.5 Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- 8.1.6 Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- 8.1.7 Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- 8.1.8 Right to judicial review : in the event that we refuse your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
If you wish to avail of these rights, a request must be submitted in writing to:
Data Protection Officer, Compliance Department, BoyleSports, Finnabair Industrial Estate, Dundalk, Co Louth A91 HF99
Email us at
8.2 To protect your privacy, you may be asked to provide suitable proof of identification before we can process your request.
If we are unable to deal with your requests fully within a calendar month, we may extend this period by a further two calendar months and explain the reason why. If you make your request electronically, we will try to provide you with the relevant information electronically.
BoyleSports always endeavours to resolve customer queries directly with the customer as part of our Customer Service vision. If after contacting us, you feel you have exhausted all available options with BoyleSports with relation to your query you have the option to follow one of the below steps:
Customers located in the Ireland may contact The Data Protection Commissioner at the following address: Data Protection Commission, 21 Fitzwilliam Square South Dublin 2 D02 RD28 Ireland. Telephone: 076 1104800 or Lo Call Number 1890 252 231 Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customers in the United Kingdom may contact the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or visit ico.org.uk.
Customers located outside of these areas can contact the Gibraltar Regulatory Authority, 2nd Floor, Euro Towers 4, 1 Europort Road, Gibraltar or visit http://www.gra.gi/data-protection.
10. Updating your information
- 9.1 We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal, accounting or business purposes. Subject to us not having a legal or regulatory requirement or a risk management reason for retaining your information for a longer period, your information will not be kept for longer than 5 years after you have closed your account. Please note that we may be required in certain circumstances to retain your information indefinitely (for example under our procedures on responsible gambling and self-exclusion). We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the period of retention.
- 10.1 It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate in for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and also to provide you with the best possible service. We therefore request that you ensure your personal data is always up to date. You may update your personal data at any time from within Your Account through 'My Account/Update Account Details' (where available) or by contacting Customer Services.
12. User Feedback and Complaints